I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor for Mathematics of Machine Learning in the Department of Mathematics at RWTH Aachen University.
My research interests lie in theoretical machine learning, optimization and probability theory, with a focus on:
Prior to joining RWTH, I was an NSF Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, affiliated with IDS2 and ODI Group at ETH Zurich.
- Sample Complexity and Overparameterization Bounds for TD Learning with Neural Network Approximation [paper]
Semih Cayci, Siddhartha Satpathi, Niao He, R. Srikant
IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control Special Issue on Learning and Control, Vol. 68, May 2023.
- Convergence of Entropy-Regularized Natural Policy Gradient Methods with Linear Function Approximation [paper]
Semih Cayci, Niao He, R. Srikant
ICML Workshop on Reinforcement Learning Theory 2021
- A Lyapunov-Based Methodology for Constrained Optimization with Bandit Feedback
Semih Cayci, Yilin Zheng, Atilla Eryilmaz
- Group-Fair Online Allocation in Continuous Time
Semih Cayci, Swati Gupta, Atilla Eryilmaz
- Budget-Constrained Bandits over General Cost and Reward Distributions
Semih Cayci, Atilla Eryilmaz, R. Srikant
- MATH 11.70010 - Mathematical Foundations of Reinforcement Learning (Winter 2022/23)
- I received my PhD from the Ohio State under the supervision of Prof. Atilla Eryilmaz.